My horrific day actually started last night when I came home from a long days work and began to get a horrible headache. Now I have been getting bad headaches for the past week for no known reason and sleep usually rids me of them. Anyway, so last night I get a headache so bad it makes me nauseous, so I go to bed to sleep it off.
This morning I wake up to get ready for my 11 o'clock class and I feel like absolute crap, so I'm like whatever I'll just sleep in and wake up for my doctors appointment at 3. Later I wake up at 2 feeling better and get ready and go to my doctors appointment.
My doctors appointment goes well, accept for the 25 dollar copay and the 40 dollar medication I have to pay for. As I'm leaving the hospital I see a coffee stand, and at the moment a cold coffee sounds great. The drink was 3.85 so I proceed to pay with my atm card when the guy tells me cash only. This sucks because I know I only have a few bucks on me, but luckily I have 4 dollars. After I pay, and I'm walking to my car I realize I still have to pay for parking and I have no money on me. I pray that they take atm.....and of course they don't.
Luckily the guy working the pay booth was nice enough to let me go. As I'm driving back towards my school I realize I left my medication at the coffee stand, so I have to go BACK. With more luck, my medication was still there, and I had to explain to the parking attendant that I didn't park because I left my medication at the coffee stand, so again they let me go.
This was the bad part of my morning (well afternoon technically). So now as I check my gmail account (which I haven't checked in over a month) I see an email from someone named Katharina, and her email was a ucsd account, and in her email she was talking about making a meeting time with me. After reading this I am totally confused, I didn't know who she was or what meeting she was talking about.
Since I don't know who she is but I know she is from ucsd I decide to look her up at the ucsd website. I find her and it says that she is an assistant professor for the ucsd music department. This still doesn't ring any bells. I am currently part of ucsd's music department but I have never met a Katharina or anything, so I go back to my gmail account and look up the email history I have with her.
It turns out I emailed her in the beginning of February.
What Happened was that when I was looking at what classes I wanted to take for spring quarter I came across a music composition class that I wanted to take, but in order to take it I had to have taken prerequisites for it, so I emailed her saying that I already had knowledge about music composition and had written some pieces and that I was hoping that was enough to enter the class. And it turns out that she was willing to let me in if we scheduled a meeting and I showed her some of my work.
Too bad I just read the email and she sent me these emails in February and spring quarter has already started. Not only am I rude for never responding, but I missed a great opportunity to get into a great class. FML.

No comments:
Post a Comment